Welcome to New Prairie Middle School!
Greetings from New Prairie Middle School!
We here at NPMS are very proud of our students, teachers, and parents. New Prairie Middle School offers an excellent education in a modern, safe school with an emphasis on educating the “whole child”. We are small enough to build those very important relationships between faculty and students, yet large enough to offer a great variety of learning experiences and activities. New Prairie Middle School and the entire NPUSC community truly embrace a “Culture of Excellence” and we strive every day to do our best for our children.
Yours in Education,
Jim Holifield, Principal
20 Great Things About New Prairie Middle School
1. A full offering of both core and elective classes
2. Students can get high school credit while in 8th grade for Algebra I, Spanish I, French I, and Mandarin I
3. A growing Mandarin Program involving two guest teachers from China; students learn Mandarin in elective classes offered in grades 6, 7, and 8
4. An active student/teacher exchange program with our sister-school in Haicheng, China
5. For the last four years, 97-100% of our Algebra I students passed the Indiana End-of-Course Assessment
6. A focus on values and character woven throughout the curriculum
7. Multiple fieldtrips, guest speakers, and exploration activities throughout the year create “well-rounded” students
8. An outstanding academic extra-curricular program which includes state-qualifying Math Team and Spell Bowl teams
9. Full offering of athletic opportunities including football, volleyball, cross-country, basketball, wrestling, swimming, track, and cheerleading
10. Northern State Conference middle school fall athletic champions four years running
11. A 21st Century school building completed in 2008 with a focus on instructional technology; every classroom has an interactive whiteboard and our Industrial Technology classroom boasts an array of modules that inspire students to investigate future careers
12. Very successful band, choir, and art programs; students participate in Circle-the-State-with-Song, ISSMA competitions, and the Scholastic Art Contest
13. A successful robotics program that works closely with the NPHS program
14. A quality mentoring program with over fifty community mentors paired with middle school students
15. Programs to meet the needs of all students, including High Ability and Special Education
16. 97-98% attendance rates (2009-2013)
17. Strong focus on school/student safety
18. Successful Drug-Free Youth and Youth Leadership programs
19. 100% Highly-Qualified teaching staff
20. A focus on building a “Culture of Excellence” in all that we do!